Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie!
This is by far the most amazing pie I have ever made! It looks and tastes just like the real deal! Nobody will every suspect there is tofu in this pie! Best of all this pie does not need to be baked it just needs to be refrigerated. Try it out my friends. Happy New year to you all!
Recipe By: Maria Capellan
Tools: 1 pie dish
Stand mixer ( or hand mixer with wire whisks)
Double boiler ( Small heatproof bowl on top of a pan with simmering water)
Pie crust: 10 Minutes
1 1/2 Cups Raw almonds
1 Cup Raw Walnuts
1 8oz Bag of pitted dates
1 Tbsp+1tsp Coconut oil
Directions for Crust:
1. Add the nuts into a food processor and grind them well.
2. Next add in your pitted dates.
3. Add your coconut oil and salt.
Note: Feel with your hands you should be able to press and form crust, it will be a little wet.
4. Place in pie pan and press pie dough out.
5. Refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.
Chocolate Mousse Filling: 10 Minutes
1 12oz pack of Lite Firm tofu (Organic gmo free)
1 Bar of 100% cocoa
1Tbsp Coconut oil
1/2 Cup of Agave (or sweetener of your choice)
1Tsp Instant espresso powder (optional)
Pinch of Salt
Note: This is very Dark chocolaty, if you want it lighter just use a lower percent vegan chocolate or don't use the whole bar.
1. Drain out Tofu and pat dry with a paper towel and set aside.
2. On a double boiler melt the chocolate and coconut oil.
3. Add in the espresso powder,vanilla,and salt.
4. In a food processor crumble in the tofu, pour the chocolate mixture right on top and blend.
5. Last add in your Agave or sweetener and taste it until your liking. Blend for 2 minutes!
6. This mixture will look like chocolate mousse now! refrigerate overnight and your done!
Optional Coconut Cream topping: 5 Minutes (Pictures coming soon!)
1 can full fat coconut (in refrigerator overnight)
Coconut and chocolate for sprinkling
1. Flip your can of coconut upside down and drain the liquid portion.
2. Dump the thick part into a bowl or stand up mixer.
3. With speed on medium whisk for 1 minute.
4. Add in your sweetener and vanilla and turn up the speed till nice and fluffy!
5. Top with coconut and chocolate (optional)